Mission of the Land Use Department
The mission of the Saguache County Land Use Department is to plan comprehensively for the orderly growth and harmonious development of Saguache County. Growth management coordination, land use planning, E-911 address, street data base maintenance, and GIS land base mapping are all components of the County’s Planning program in support of this mission. The Saguache County Land Development Code and any amendments are authorized by the Colorado Revised Statutes and shall apply to the unincorporated territory in Saguache County, Colorado.
Planning Commission January 13th, 2022 Work Session
The Saguache County Planning Commission will be having a Work Session on January 13th, 2022 starting at 5:00 p.m., to discuss the Land Development Code changes that the Board of County Commissioners sent back. The meeting will be held at the Saguache County Road and Bridge meeting room at 305 3rd Street, Saguache, CO 81149.
The items up for discussion are as follows:
XIII.4.10.1. Composting toilets, incinerating toilets, and vault systems are not permittable or allowed in Saguache County .
XIII.4.14. There shall be a minimum square footage of 900 square feet for a residence.
XIII.4.15. Accessory structures are not permitted on vacant parcels until a permitted residence is completed. i.e. greenhouses, hoop houses, garages, storage sheds, shipping containers, outbuildings of any type, studio, carports, etc.
XIII.4.15.1. Agricultural structures being used strictly for agricultural use may be exempt.
Saguache County Planning Commission Agenda
Thursday December 2, 2021 at 3:00pm
Saguache County Road and Bridge Meeting Room
The Saguache County Planning Commission Meetings are being held in-person. The Zoom link is a courtesy to the public and is not required.
Join Zoom Meeting
Join by video
Meeting ID: 652 390 9727
Join by phone:
Meeting ID: 652 390 9727
PASSWORD – 626723
- Call to Order –
- Roll Call
- Declaration of quorum
- Additions and Deletions to Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
Regular Meeting Minutes – October 28, 2021
- Introductions of guests
- Old Business
- Teresa Hill – Variance Request – 53093 Merle Rd – Lot 3 Cont. 36.50 acres, Ewing Ranch-Mishak Lakes
- Antonio Enrique Fonseca Pena/Fantastic Dream – Change of Ownership Request – 15749 Hwy 285 – W1/2NE1/4, SE1/4NE1/4 13-43-7 LESS 39.09 Acres
- KJP Holdings LLC/AE2.0, LLC – Conditional Use Marijuana Cultivation Request – 19703 CO RD 59 – SE1/4NE1/4 25-44-9
- Liberty’s, LLC – Conditional Use Marijuana Retail Store Request – 21 Hwy 17 – SE1/4 33-41-10 Cont. 2.11 acres Tr. 2 Covered Wagon Land Division
- Mei Li Real Estate Holdings, LLC/Greenview Farms – Conditional Use Modification Request – 6754 Hwy 17 – NW1/4 33-42-10
- Dayold, LLC / Huckleberry Farms, LLC – Conditional Use Modification Request – Marijuana Facility – 8833 Co. Rd. 59 – NW1/4NE1/4, NE1/4NE1/4 24-42-9
- Land Use report –
- Nuisance Ordinance Recommendation
- Update of previous applications
Adjournment – next regular meeting – Thursday January 27, 2022
Contact Us: Land Use Department
Amber Wilson - Land Use Administrator
Virginia Adams - Land Use Deputy
Click here to contact us.
505 3rd Street
P.O. Box 326
Saguache, CO 81149