Saguache County Public Health protects the health and safety of Saguache County residents. We improve the health of the whole community by preventing disease through prevention services and providing services for residents with access and functional needs. We provide services that are culturally sensitive, with a measurable standard of care, through our family and community-based services.
Mental Health Awareness Month
May is Mental Health Awareness Month, a time to raise awareness of behavioral health challenges and reduce stigma surrounding mental health care. Here are some mental health resources that are available to Coloradans:
- Immediate free and confidential emotional and mental health support can be reached by dialing 988, calling 1-844-493 -TALK (8255), texting “TALK” to 38255, or accessing chat via coloradocrisisservices.org.
- Forward Together helps Colorado parents and teens build strong relationships and provides resources for caregivers to help teens navigate mental health challenges.
- CDPHE’s Office of Suicide Prevention provides information and resources for licensed firearms dealers, ranges and safety instructors to help decrease suicide risk for members of the firearm-owning community.
- Find behavioral health care that’s meaningful for you. OwnPath is a searchable directory of behavioral health providers licensed to practice in Colorado.
- CO Wellness Recovery is a mental wellness and addiction recovery guide and a free resource for Coloradans considering recovery.
- Safe2Tell provides students, parents, and community members a safe and anonymous way to report information about any issues that concern their safety or the safety of others. Call 1-877-542-7233 to interact with a live, trained analyst or fill out a form at safe2tell.org.
Call 719-655-2533 to sign-up for a COVID-19 vaccination.
NOTICE: CDC has updated Isolation and Quarantine Guidelines. For more information visit: CDC's Isolation & Quarantine Guidance
Public Health Events
Last updated: 03-20-2023